Socket 939 Opterons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I buy it now, how would it be different then if I bought it on the 28th of this month, which is when they ship from Monarch?

Also are these the first AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core's?

I can't answer any of those questions mate...as I say it's entirely luck of the draw and the best chance of getting one of the better cores is to buy it immediately...I have a special order from ncix now so it won't arrive there for 2-3 weeks but I will let you know the stepping and results when I get it

Thanks for the link, it was very informative.

Okay. I will be ordering soon, so most likely we will get the same ones. Hopefully they both hit 3ghz, because then our systems would be good for a couple more years.

I also suggest you start reading our AMD64 overclocking sticky as overclocking K8 processors is completely different from previous K7 processors...especially if you plan on overclocking your memory you'll be completely overwhelmed by the extended memory latency options

I read it a couple of days ago. I get the concept, I think. If i need help with it though, you will be here to help, as well as everyone else, hopefully.

AAAAAH!!! AMD 64 Overclocking sticky. Scaaaaaaaaaaaary.

OC Forums has much better overclocking stickies, IMO. Everyone that I've shown those guides to have said that they were amazing and that the thread should be stickied...go figure...

Eh...the i4memory one has been the most in depth and specific guide I have found to date...it's true they get technical with things but AMD64s aren't supposed to be simple

I haven't seen anything close to the memory latency guide they have at dfi-street

I'm not saying that the guide is bad, By god its one of the best ever. But like you said, it gets REALLY in-depth. After I learned to overclock, I went over it once again and understood maybe 70% of it. Maybe I'd understand more now, but still too scared to try. As for the OC Forums links, they're the simplest and overall best ones I know of (with the exception of the Official DFI A64 Overclocking thingie...), read the following in the order I post them, or you won't understand crap, even if you've overclocked a A-XP;

First.

Second.

and

Last.

I apologize for the noobish question, but when looking at a CPU online, where can you tell if it is a CABNE (or whatever ) and what week it was manufactured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom