Problems with computer startup. Video problems? I'm not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoKim

Beta member
Hey I'm having this problem where whenever i turn on my computer, the screen is filled with colorful stripes.
Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:
At the Dell Startup:
60744955_f6b05ca80a.jpg

Windows XP loading screen:
60744956_747e8880b5.jpg

After Windows XP loading screen:
60744957_3953bf9c07.jpg

Then I don't know what this screen is, but it's after the one above, sorry about the flash on the screen:
60744958_8875270cf1.jpg

This is still the same screen as above, but just seconds after, has some changes in the pattern:
60744960_daafb1cdb2.jpg

You can see the loading cursor, so i'm guessing its when the welcome screen is loading?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes after the Windows XP startup loading, nothing appears and my monitor LED light goes orange:
60744961_9ac6fe518b.jpg

After, I have to manually reboot the computer by holding the power button and then everything goes to normal. Is this damaging my computer?
Does anyone know how to fix this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My computer Specs:
Dell Dimension 8400
Windows XP Home Edition v2002 Service Pack 2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20 GHz 3.19GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
PCI Express 16x 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800
Thanks again!

no that won't damage your computer, however I think your video card is either overheating really quickly because the cooler is not on properly, or you need a new one...

apokalipse said:
no that won't damage your computer, however I think your video card is either overheating really quickly because the cooler is not on properly, or you need a new one...

no its not overheating, according to my temperature settings of my graphic card, its at 59 degrees (fereignheit or celcius im not sure, but the bar is 2 filled up and green.

Your video card/GPU is toast. This is a classical presentation of a rapidly dying GPU. If it is an agp card replace it...if it is dell on-baord graphics....new mobo.

as a final test hook the monitor up to another computer. If it works then it is video card. If it does not work hook another monitor up to your comp. I am going with video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom