512MB DDR SDRAM PC2700 333mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiufiu

Beta member
i just received a 512MB DDR SDRAM PC2700 333mhz card by mail order, it is for my notebook which already has one such device installed (different manufacturer).

upon installing the second card, the machine kept crashing to restart from boot as soon as it hit the windows welcome screen.

It starts up fine with either one of the cards if they are installed by themselves, but never when they are installed together.

I just received this error message from windows website:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE DRIVER (Q293078)

Quite a bizarre one it seems.
Thanks in advance.

are you sure this is happening because of your ram. I'm thinking that your video card run intensive.

Not quite sure what you mean by run intensive, but since u mention video card, it just came to mind that the video card uses the RAM memory on top of its own too.

So that could well be a reason.

Any ideas on a possible solution?

make sure the CAS latency and timing settings in the bios are compatible with BOTH the old ram and the new ram.. Find a medium that they can both use

kiyotaka said:
make sure the CAS latency and timing settings in the bios are compatible with BOTH the old ram and the new ram.. Find a medium that they can both use
yes, this is it.
when running more than one stick of DDR, they have to be the same, or capable of running the same. DDR is like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom