Win XP Media Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd2800 said:
no its only the media centre program and a new theme added which around 60mb

you are wrong.

1st thing it's need to properly configure a MS certified MCE tuner. that alone takes more than 60mb
2.it has a ton of extra's. there are too many to name
3. it doesn't have a different theme. it is xp pro with it's regular theme. media center is an addition to windows. if you don't enable it, it will never show up
4 where did you get that info ?
5. it comes with windows media enhancements (that alone cover 76mb) which is windows audio convertor, windows party mode, windows dancer and the label maker.
6.you can access everything through your TV and home stereo through the remote.

regular windows take up 1.5 gigs space on a fresh install. MCE is over double that

Amd don't question Eric on this one as he owns it and uses it.

Also Eric I have it along with a serial sticker somewhere I just never installed it or used it. I guess I've been waiting for vista and not wanting to perform a fresh install.

Tyler1989 said:
Amd don't question Eric on this one as he owns it and uses it.

Also Eric I have it along with a serial sticker somewhere I just never installed it or used it. I guess I've been waiting for vista and not wanting to perform a fresh install.

back your data up, and order the remote off of ebay. you will love it. I got it hook up to a 52inch big screen and a 1200 watt yamaha receiver. I keep my movie and music on my harddriver. you can buy a media center extender and access those file (stream) from another room. you can strream with an XBOX too

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0214687

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/extender/owner/mcxsettup.mspx

Though I haven't used it personally I still say you can't use all the features it offers it's just to much. As for making the switch I may but I don't have a Media Center PC per say so I cannot connect the PC to the TV without special adapters. It has a cool theme but that is no reason to switfh OS's and I also heard the Final Update Rollup was released not to long ago. Doesn't that make XP Pro more secure?

If not I may make the switch. But no adapters = no remote = no real purpose for it.

i'm getting a media center laptop from Dell (blah blah, i can't hear you!)... it'll be fun with the tv tuner and remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom