New gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only x2 toledos I could find on newegg where 4800+ and 4400+. The 4800+ is 790$ and the 4400+ is 500$. I think its a little bit over my price range, I'm only looking to spend about 1200-1300 total (dont need speakers, a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or cd/dvd drives) Right now im at about 940 without the video card, and the video card I want retail from newegg is about 370, but I'm getting it for cheaper (I'll check today when I go in, BFG also gives some kind of reward or mail-in rebate for employees only).

I think I will go with 1x1gb for now. This will actually probably be my last upgrade as I already have 512mb of pc3200. If I can afford it within these two paychecks then I'll get new ram, but if not, it will be the last thing on my list since its the only thing that I can take from my old case and put it in my new one. I realize its gonna limit my computer pretty bad but only for a week =P Beats having to wait an entire week to have it all in one shot. Then I'll eventually get another stick of 1gb in like a month or so.

One last thing, which do you think is better? The only difference I can see is the material of the heatspreader and 13$.

OCZ Titanium 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model OCZ4001024ELTE - Retail
vs
OCZ Platinum Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model OCZ4001024ELPE - Retail

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

I believe the thermaltake tsunami comes with fans. I heard they "get the job done", I thought newegg was just telling me the slots in it, but the reviews say otherwise. Should I trust them or get the fans I mentioned in my first post?

the 4000+ san diego sounds like a good choice. the difference between the san diego and clawhammer is the clawhammer core is a lot older. the clawhammer has heat issues and is less overclockable. san diego core has more sets of multimedia instructions. i think the clawhammer core had a problem with memory addressing.

vaderpro said:
Dont you guys read!?? I posted this earlier......Here's an X2 3800, i believe slightly less money than a 4000 single core:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

yes its $11 less money than a single, sounds like a deal to me.

What are the benefits of dual core?

Besides 2x512kb L2 Cache vs 1 gig, I dont see any difference besides that the 4000+ is .4 ghz higher operating frequency (which in my opinion is quite a bit). Is two cores really that much better?

And honestly, I'm sorry, vaderpro, but I'm doubting your knowledge of AMD processors when your signature describes your computer;

1. Your monitor (who cares?)
2. A pentium processor
3. non-specific Kingston ram
4. Your harddrive that isn't impressive or important
5. Your specific DVD drive (who cares?)
6. Your 380 watt psu
7. Your OS
7a. (who cares?)
7b. Home sucks

I dont mean to flame but you are being kind of rude and I am just justifying my disbelief in your suggestions. Please tell me you have built a newer computer than the one you describe in your signature.

You may be right in saying that the x2 3800+ is better than the 4000+, but you must understand how I can lose faith in your opinions due to what you say and how you say it.

You are an idiot and will gain no respect in these forums and in your pathetic life by badgering me. Dont judge people by their appearance or their "signature". You've somehow read my helpful posts as rude which shows your stupidity. You havent heard of dual cores but feel you can mock my setup?? Haha ....you moron. ...Get a single core as it will overcomplicate your simple mind. Sorry for trying to help you and give you all the options. Why dont u ask some other people or in fact use "google" to find out about dual cores? Then badger me cause you know what they are.

vaderpro said:
You are an idiot and will gain no respect in these forums and in your pathetic life by badgering me. Dont judge people by their appearance or their "signature". You've somehow read my helpful posts as rude which shows your stupidity. You havent heard of dual cores but feel you can mock my setup?? Haha ....you moron. ...Get a single core as it will overcomplicate your simple mind. Sorry for trying to help you and give you all the options. Why dont u ask some other people or in fact use "google" to find out about dual cores? Then badger me cause you know what they are.

Wrong. I've heard of dual cores, I just dont see the benefit of having dual cores when you take a .4 ghz hit. I don't know much about them, but I have heard of them.

Again with the rudeness. I was justifying that I don't trust your advice, and I noted that. I told you I didn't mean to flame. Your posts where not very helpful. You did not explain anything but "GET THIS ITS BETTER OMFG". Then you say "Don't u guys read!!?!?!!11 one one eleven" And no, I wasn't mocking your "setup" but rather how you where displaying it. No one cares what kind of DVD player your computer has in it unless its some 2,000$ 300x speed that is extremely rare, and probably doesn't exist. No one cares about your OS. Those are just not things you usually put in your signature if you are trying to show off your computer. I did not mock your "setup" at all. Read it again. I quote; "I'm doubting your knowledge of AMD processors when your signature describes your computer". Therefore I am saying that I dont think you know everything about AMD processors because

1. You show odd and unimportant specs of your computer in your signature, which in my mind shows ignorance and immaturity
2. You have an Intel Pentium processor.

Again, I am NOT trying to flame you. Would you have liked it better if I had not justified myself and just said "I think ur dumb" ? I'm sorry you take offense to such meaningful explanation of my doubt of the extent of your knowledge. I even got past the poor grammar and the shortening of words most common to a 12 year old girl on aim.

Get a single core as it will overcomplicate your simple mind

First off, overcomplicate isn't a word. I believe you meant just 'complicate'. I don't see how 'over' would fit in that sentence at all. And since you're a fan of google, I'll define some words for you using it. Perhaps it will expand your vast knowledge of English.

Here's complicate.
Complicate - make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern."

So you are saying that if I get a single core processor that it will make my simple mind more complex, intricate, or richer?

I don't think that a processor can do that if its not implanted into my brain with all of the proper technology to fuse human and computer.

Giving me options? like "Get this its better, It's what I would do"

I'll admit, your first post on this thread was helpful. When you post the same thing twice, that becomes annoying. Just because you wheren't acknowledged and I decided to go with something other than your recommendation, you posted again with the same exact link. Did you really think that I didnt read your post? No. I did, but I judged you based on your signature, english, and maturity, and concluded that you are not qualified to give me advice on computer parts. You had to go a step further by posting twice, basically asking for an explanation why I hadn't decided on the dual core. And I gave it to you. And you cried.

I don't want to leave my $1000+ decisions on people that I have deemed immature and ignorant.

Excuse me.

I've been reading about dual cores and it seems that it will only benefit people who multi-task, and its not as useful as it sounds because it shares the same bus. Im going with a single core at a higher clock speed.

Why is it imature to show people which DVD-RW you have? The DVD-RW is a piece of hardware, so why not include that? I can just remember me doing that one time... thats the only reason ive replyd. I just dont understand how you can judge someone just because of them displaying a certain aspect of their hardware.

(Its funny that me helping you has turned into this)

The only reason I have a signature is so that people know what my system includes. It is helpful to know this when helping someone with a computer problem to know what operating system they have, as well as the rest of their specs. As well, that burner ive listed is a common burner and if someone has the same one, they might say" Hey V, have you had any issues with that burner, or how do you like your LCD??" Its not to show off, christ how can I show off with a Pentium and a midrange video card. You sit there and judge me but you dont know me. I like computers and like to help people, thats why im here. And you are just plain rude and need help. Now I could offer you some explainations or links but why should I help you anyways?? If I recommend something then its good and if it isnt then someone else here will let me know. Everyone had agreed on your components,,,argh im talking to a brick wall....nvmd....I dont understand where you are coming from. Nor do I feel I should waste my time typing this, but hey I gotta stand up for myself.

Oh i have to explain. The reason i posted that X2 3800 again is because you were asking about dual cores right before that but you said that they were too much money. Remember?

So i thought you must have missed my previous link, so I generously posted it again, giving you a dual core in YOUR PRICE RANGE. I wasnt trying to start something...omg.

Again. I wasnt being RUDE, youve misinterpreted it as rude, only God knows why.

I have over 1,000 posts, most of them helping others and ive never run into anybody quite like you. Thanks for ruining my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom