Perfomance decrease in new computer with old memory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Just wondering, my parts for my new PC are suppose to arrive tommorrow or wednesday :p
I couldn't buy new memory cuz my budget was to the max.
I currently own a Kingston ValueRam if i'm correct DDR 400 (3200)
CL3 i got 1GB, 4 of 256mb each.
My question is will i have perfomance decrease because of the memory or the computer will work fine.??

I would be grateful if someone tell me which brand and ram will most likely work great with the new system, so when i have the $ i will know what to buy.

Thnx in advance

System: (i just put the most "important" factor here so you can know.)

AMD 3700+ 1GHZ FSB 1MB L2 Cache (San Diego)
eVGA 6800GT 256-P2-N376-AX
WD 36GB 360GD SATA-150 10,000RPM 8MB
CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

if the bus is 200, go with your old RAM, the dual channel will work very effectivley, I would personally use the ram until you NEEDED more to run a game, just save up because that moment will definitely come

You're ram is good to go. At this point, there's no use upgrading anyway. 1gb will tear up all the games at this point. *thinking of everyone's obsessive exageration of 2gb for bf2*

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
You're ram is good to go. At this point, there's no use upgrading anyway. 1gb will tear up all the games at this point. *thinking of everyone's obsessive exageration of 2gb for bf2*

Ryan

Nah i don't play BF2, unless is in a Lan Party.

Static_11 said:
overclocking? or..no?

Well i'm not a oc person but what benefits can i get?, i mean the ram is going to run dual channel but it is worth oc it??

Thnx in advance

If you're unsure about what overclocking can offer, the general rule of thumb is that you're not going to overclock. I'd just buy the valueram. Benefits are that you can make your ram run faster. The effect is making your computer run a little faster. Whether it is worth it or not is your decision. I personally don't think it is, which is why I have 4 sticks of valueram in my computer.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
If you're unsure about what overclocking can offer, the general rule of thumb is that you're not going to overclock. I'd just buy the valueram. Benefits are that you can make your ram run faster. The effect is making your computer run a little faster. Whether it is worth it or not is your decision. I personally don't think it is, which is why I have 4 sticks of valueram in my computer.

Ryan

I know what overclocking can offer but i was just wondering if it is worth it. Thnx for the info, now i know what i should do ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom