Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzai

Beta member
Hello, and thanks for reading my topic. Any help would be appreciated with this problem.

Well to start things off, let me present some information about my computer:

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon 1800+
1.49 GHz
512 MB Ram
Service Pack 2
Shuttle XP G2
Radeon 9500- Drivers: Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.75a (Catalyst 5.10a)

First of all, I've been playing the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI for well over a year. On November 5th, while i was playing my screen suddenly froze, and the sound started looping. My mouse and keyboard stopped functioning. My computer then restarted. I thought this was just a fluke mishap, so i continued to play. This happend 6 times; the intervals between each freeze kept getting closer.

Now I checked my error log, and found the following message:
"The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates. "

Now i tried uninstalling, and then reinstalling the upgraded drivers for my graphics card. That didnt work. Now I'm stumped on what to do. Also, my graphic card's fan has been broken for a while. Could this mean that my graphics card is only now overheating?

Yes. That little fan needs to operate to keep your gpu cool. Get a new one and post back.

yeah, things like that used to happen alot when i had my ol' 9500 Pro. its VPU Recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom