ActiveX controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rf1

Beta member
Hi,
I am new to computers so I need some help. I have a Compaq presario with windows me and using microsoft internet explorer. I am having problems with my ActiveX controls. For example when I am in a certain website and I want to send the page to my own e-mail, I get a window that pops up "Microsoft Internet Explorer-Yuor current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, as a result the page may not display correctly." When I do send the page to my e-mail the text comes in but the pictures do not. What do I do to fix this problem?
Thanks

I hate to post something that has nothing to do with your question...

but Windows ME was recalled du to so many bugs... I'd recomend updateing or even useing windows98

As far as the Active X Controls, go into Internet Options (In IE, go to Tools --> Internet Options)

Click on the security tab. Then click on custom level.

Under the activeX options, change everything that says disabled to prompt. Now it will ask if you want to download/run the Active X controls.

Just be sure when browsing that you know what page is sending the activeX content. You can get some nasty viruses through activeX.

rf1 said:
Hi,
I am new to computers so I need some help. I have a Compaq presario with windows me and using microsoft internet explorer. I am having problems with my ActiveX controls. For example when I am in a certain website and I want to send the page to my own e-mail, I get a window that pops up "Microsoft Internet Explorer-Yuor current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, as a result the page may not display correctly." When I do send the page to my e-mail the text comes in but the pictures do not. What do I do to fix this problem?
Thanks

Try resetting it to default. Your email program might also be blocking them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom