nvidia fx5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Ok, so this guy who repaired computer will probobly end up selling me a computer one way or another, with a few nitpicks here and there.

anyways, he says an fx5500 along with and amd 3000 and 512 mb ram will run battlefield 2 on medium setting, I for one think he is full of crap, who else thinks so?

maybe with 768 or 1gb of ram it could but HIgh performance games need probably 1gb so they aren't whoring virtual memory

pci-e w/ 6600gt

if you bought the 5500fx with agp, you'll find you'll be replacing BOTH of them eventually. You may not think it now, but later on you'll think 'Man I want to play this on higher settings'
And it's not your fault, it's a little spark in the human mind wanting more and more.
I'd say start off well to end welll; the 6600gt will give you great performance, and with pci-e you will find it easier to upgrade when the time comes.

I have a question. How much better would the FX5500 OC be? And, could you OC it further? I'm not wanting the best graphics, just want it so my computer can handle the games.

not much better at all. If the 6600GT is even an option, go with it. I wouldn't waste your time and money on an fx5500 OC. For your own sake, get the 6600GT

Ryan

No he aint talkin crap my dad used to run Bf2

on a amd 3000 wiv 512mb ram and a Fx5500
n it was fine

RadRacer said:
I have a question. How much better would the FX5500 OC be? And, could you OC it further? I'm not wanting the best graphics, just want it so my computer can handle the games.

yeah, buddy, make your own thread.

I'm going with the 6600gt and pci-express because I still think he's full of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom