Help Windows xp freezes during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabuza

Beta member
Hi everyone
First of all let me share the whole story of what happend
I recently built a new computer and everyting worked great.Everything was brand new the only thing that was old was my hd.I took my old hardrive from my computer and inserted it in my new one.
When I tried to plug in my ethernet cable from my modem to my computer nothing would happen, when I went to my network connections folder there was nothing there...
When I tried to make a new connection using network wizard, I got informed My computer didnt have the necessary hardware etc...
The motherboard I bought was evga's nForce 4 SLI Mainboard http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=133-K8-NF41-AX
I decided to format my hardrive since I already planned to do so before building that new computer, hoping it would also fix this issue....
I inserted windows xp home edition cd to boot from cd rom
Everything started up nicely, I deleted the only partition i had (C) made a new one and did a format.
Now When the windows xp is finally installing...it freezes while its "installing devices" it happens everytime at the same point, when it says there is 34 minutes left to finish the installation.Could anyone please help me Im stuck and I cant do anything, im really desperate :(
P.S My hd is 80gig maxtor if that helps with anything
Please Help
Thank you

Is it freezing up when its locating the hardware the computer has?When you were able to boot to windows did the bootup go good no noise or hang up's?
Also It could be your instalation disk is faulty.I know this dosnt happen often but it happend to me and it would Freeze at the same place every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom