Screen-Saver Problem/Extra Process Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Process explorer from sysinternals.com and now know that it is an HP process that is running, but I can't figure out how to make it not run anymore! What should I do?

Warez Monster said:
disable it in msconfig

or

Delete it from hijack this

When yo scan your system with hijackthis!, just put a check mark in the entry you want to remove and remove it

like WM said.....open msconfig by going to start>run and typing msconfig or in hicjack this put a check next to it and down in the bottom right tell it to fix it. Thats should solve the problem.

Well I can't find the process in msconfig and I don't know which entry to delete with Hijack This.

Warez Monster said:
Remove this and that it

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)

You have a AVG update service running
HP software update service

You need to disable all your items in msconfig except the ones you need running like your AV. Does the SW Airlines update for anything?

I would disable everything, reboot, turn on the screen saver and see what happens. If you dont turn off, your problem is in msconfig somewhere

like WM said.....

I deleted the "O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file) " entry but the problem still happens. I know it is not AVG and the Southwest Airlines program because I know it is some type of HP software that I had to install for my printer, but the update thing just started one day out of the blue.

Process File: HPWuSchd2.exe
Process Name: Hewlett Packard Software Update Scheduler

Description: hpwuschd2.exe is a process belonging to the Hewlett Packard Software Update Scheduler which displays update information regarding HP's range of products. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Try deleteing that .

AHHH! After I turned my computer back on today the problem has reappeared! What can I do?? I ran Hijackthis again and the entry that I deleted is back! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom