Video Card that my Mobo can Handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendhan

Beta member
Whats the best Video card I can get with this Motherboard?

I have a GA-k8vm800m...If you need more Info I will be glad to supply it...but Im pretty much a tech noob so speak slowly and use little words please.

its AGP, probably a 6800GT, look for the pre overclocked ones.

If you like ATI the X800XT PE would be the best one you could get but most people on this forum like Nvidia so i may get flamed about this, haha.

Personally i think 6800gt is good for you. I have a 6600gt and it is very good value for money, but there is also that new 6800 that just come out...

We are going to start sending to Nvidia some commission charges cuz of all the people that have changed to their video cards (i'm one of them, lol)

If you are going to get that video card look if you have enough space in your case for that card cuz in the review they are a lot of people complaining that the heatsink its too big and don't fit in their cases, lol anyone?? :p ;)

well, you should just make sure that you're willing so sacrifice a little room before you buy it... those people probably put no thought into that aspect when they bought it.

Ryan

I really appreciate all the input. I have a Nvidia right now (5500fx) and the next generation of games is have problems with it....It is couple years old so I guess I shouldnt expect anything but that.

My only other question is this...Is that 6800 HT&L capable?....Im not sure what to look for under the cards specs to see if a certain card is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom