Let's see your Linux Desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post mine once I get my new PC built letter today and Gentoo + KDE installed, prolly sometime tomorrow.

Linux Man said:
oh ubutu i used to use that but looking for alternative because that wont play windows media files

You just have to find a different program that will do it, and there are plenty of them out there.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html

try that, download the codec pack too

best media player period, blows anything else away even proprietary stuff, its so good many software companies have been using a modified mencoder .dll in windows apps for re-encoding video

compile as usual, run ./configure --help first though, that way you can select some more options, might wanna install lame,TooLame,Xvid and anything else you might wanna use with it first, that way MPlayer can be compiled to use them

i f idownload that can you walk me through installing because i only use linux t surf net and dont know how to do any of that stuff

sure, better make sure ubuntu has gcc installed first, or get a precompiled package for it instead-----gcc is a C compiler, its used to compile(generate) binary code(programs) which your computer can run

I dont have a clue what ubuntu comes with, but many of these plug and play distro's dont come with much at all these days. Check ubuntu's website, its pretty good, should be able to find info on what it came with.

Im pretty sure you will need to compile it from source, and I have no clue what else ubuntu may be missing to do it.

straightv6 said:
how do you take a screenshot?

also besides what macdude mentioned, you can use a commandline program--import, or if using fluxbox windowmanager you can use its screenshot tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom