Modem Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByTeDeMoN

In Runtime
I received an email from a friend of mine who lives up in the woods,he cannot get dsl,cable etc, just standard dial up, he stated that he looses connection,I asked him if he loose's connection when phone rings etc, he wanted to know is there any proggy out there to help him to prevent loosing his connection,I told him,TO Move lol,,but I will look for him,, anyone have any Ideas. I also told him to add a line from phone interface, outside and try running a separte line ,,but im shootin at fish here,,so any help, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Probably the only way to fix it is for him to move, seriously. There are several factors that will cause that, the main one being the quaility of the phone lines in his area.

Let me know what kind modem he has and I can give you a modem string that might help but if he is connecting at or below 28,800 then it probably won't help though.

I think there is a program called StayConnect (?) that can be downloaded that is supposed to help with keeping connected to the internet. The only people that I ever heard using it were AO Hell customers, so it might be designed for that, though.

There isn't much that can be done that I know of. If he's got a V.92 modem, is connecting to a V.92 system, and has call-waiting, then he shouldn't be getting disconnected by the phone ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom