Windows 2000 Advanced Server Install Error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotcha

do I need anything else?

what boot disk should I use?
I just want to make sure Im not using the wrong one

ill do that in a bit

gotta run out and do some errands

ill report back on how it went

no , no boot disks

as long as the cd is bootable
and you have your bios set to boot from the cd rom drive

qbbraveheart said:
the data on the cd itself is fine
it seems one file..the ntdll.dll file is the one thats corrupt or missing and prevents it from booting up properly

this is in the setup stage
and i copied the i386 folder of the cd to my hd like i usually do with my other installs pre Win2k
Thats your problem. You can't just copy the contents as there is protected data that will not copy to prevent means of illegally distrubuting the OS. Besides this security feature all you need to do is insert your origanal CD and make an ISO of it to make a working copy.

Does your origanal CD work?

Tyler1989 said:
Thats your problem. You can't just copy the contents as there is protected data that will not copy to prevent means of illegally distrubuting the OS. Besides this security feature all you need to do is insert your origanal CD and make an ISO of it to make a working copy.

Does your origanal CD work?

well yea you can

I have ALWAYS done that with all my Win2K installs

and I did what the above poster mentioned on top of copying the i386 folder to my hard drive, and ran the install from the hd and I got the server installed now

thanks a ton guys

ok more bad news lol

I got the system working when it was hooked up temporarily as in internal hd
now i put the hd back in the tray as a removeable hd and i get a blue screen about halfway through the windows 2000 server loading screen(the one with the bars at the bottom) and it says Inaccessible boot device

im at a loss

im thinking just remove the removeable hd bay and hook up the hd as a second internal

I just hope I can do that now :mad:

I think it has to do with the first post that I made. I know it's not usb, though it probably somehow knows that it is a removable ( can it be hot swaped ? ) that might compromise the security . I really do not know just a hunch.

^^^yea I think im going to hook it up as a 2nd internal hd

can i take the cables from the removeable bay and hook it up to the hd and everything be ok or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom