Leaving the sides open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant like a 12" fan that I point directly at the components. It blows much more air directly onto the heatsyncs than a little 8cm fan, and trust me, my temps go down a lot.

Its fine to leave the sides off, one of my mates screwed his computer to his wall without a case.... lol.

Leaving your case sides open :-
1. More dust.
2. Exposing your componants to the elements.
3. Don't get me started on what I have seen a cat do to a computer.
4. Don't get me started on what I have seen house mates do to a computer.

Over all, it sound like you need some case modding to improve the air flow in your case.

fury36 said:
Its fine to leave the sides off, one of my mates screwed his computer to his wall without a case.... lol.
Oh-Kay.........

If you don't overclock and atleast have a stock cpu fan, I bet it doesn't make that much of a difference

Nubius said:
Amd2800 - quit being an arrogant douche.

I'd like to repeat this one more time while gritting my teeth.
AMD2800 you need to seriously change your attitude in this forum.
This isn't the first time i've seen an arrogant remark towards someone whom asked a question. Regardless of how "stupid" you might think the question is.

burned-ati said:
wow what a funny forum he thinks his processor has sides on it hehehehe. and he doesnt know what mobo is hehehe again lol

Yeah, and you know so much. What certifications do you have?

Grow up kiddies....

ive acually tested this, i had a window with a fan in th middly. i left the side off and it got hotter because the air was not moving around i put the side on the fan was blowing in and it ruduced the tempature

lol iam_not_2fast4u nice extreme gaming machine ^___^

Ontopic: I let my bearded dragon run rampant in my room when I'm here, although most of the time he sits on my shoulder or head for warmth, he does like to run around on the floor and jump on shelves. I don't want there to be a GEFORCE 6600GT vs. LIZARD matchup anytime soon =-/

I have 2 cats, but they never go up onto the computer desk. they're always on the couch or something.
anyway, most of the time I do have the side open, so I can keep the temps down. my CPU and case temps are not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom