6800GS Pipelines Unlockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Made this thread not only to spite Nubius, but to learn from as well.

Although this is all still theoretical, what program would you use to unlock the extra 4 pixel pipelines and 1 extra vertex shader? Rivatuner?

1. you knew the answer.
2. even if you didn't and wanted to confirm rivatuner, you coulda just searched.

Lets not go out of our way to make stupid threads which will more than likely run rampant anyway

I didn't know the answer, I have never used Rivatuner before, so it was I guess. I don't know why but I thought it was ATI specific. Anyways, this is more of an informative source since this is the first thread about this subject to this card specifically. It will help others who search these forums :).

by the time the 6800GS is out and people have it or are really looking into unlocking pipelines, this thread won't even be on this page anywhere near the top and people will still create these threads.

yeah, I saw that today. That's a good price! I'll buy one if I get this computer building gig from the kid in my dorm.

Ryan

I heard something about the pipes on the 6800GS not be unlockable, and that Nvidia and ATI are getting smarter and not making cards with unlockable pipes anymore. Most specifically this 6800GS, which doesn't have extra pipes to unlock. Not sure how true that is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom