New Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

olymoore

Beta member
Hi guys, I am going to be soon taking on my first build and have a budget of $1200. Im just really looking for the best system i can make with that budjet to mainly play games on and also generally surf the net play back media etc. I have got a few ideas for mo/bo etc but being my first time im not to sure. Thanks for any help

Thanks for your quick reply. My ideas are-

All the prices are converted from pounds

Antec Sonata II - Case - $138.54
200 GB Maxtor DiamondMax - Harddrive - $108.02
Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI, nForce4 SLI, Skt 939 - mo/bo - $215.61 (not sure about this)
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Core - cpu - $264.14
Sony DW-Q28AB2 Quad Layer Black 16X x 16X DVD +/-R/RW - DVD Burner - $53.76

Im not sure about graphics card yet.

Why don't you just work with the pounds in the first place?

The Fatality motherboards are not worth the money, due to the loser putting his name on everything, and charging for it.

How much do you have for graphics? The BFG 7800gt is a bargain at www.overclockers.co.uk at £235.

I would stick with western digital or Seagate.

Just thought it would be easier the majority of post ive seen have been in dollars.

Yea i wasnt sure about that motherboard. Would a DFI be better?

I might go for that graphics card thanks alot.

DFI is the best overclocking board out there. I would of gone for it, but it doesn't have opticle out - which I need, as games would be boring w/o sound :p. It has been well tested by every overclocker who goes for the records.

No, I needed opticle out for my surround sound, and I didn't want to spend more money on a sound card.

It has the standard surround sound outputs and I think it has coaxil out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom