Baseband Member
I recently built a new computer with the following specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD64 3000+ processor (1.8ghz)
200GB SATA HD
2GB RAM
Nvidia 6200 Video Card
DVD+/- RW drive

I installed a lot of different 64bit OSes to test them out, including Windows XP 64bit. That had pretty poor support for my 32bit games, so I decided to scrap it and go back to using 32bit Windows for gaming until something better came out. Well, when I put my WindowsXP Pro cd in and boot up, it says "Press any key to boot from the CD..." just like usual, so I hit a key and it quickly flashes "Examining hardware" or something to that sort, then goes to a blank screen and sits there. Note that this worked fine with the 64bit Windows though. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks!

Is your Cd light coming on at all.Sometimes when i do a reinstall or whatnot I get this problem and it just wont read off of the cdrom drive unless i disable the hard drive.Then when its ready to reboot after install i shut it all the way down and reinable the hard drive.But first I check my cd rom to make sure its still working.
Oh and i forgot to ask which are you installing a 32 or 64 bit system and you have a 64 bit prossessor right?

sPlAtOiD: I'm installing 32 bit

Warez Monster: Why would that stop it from booting into the installation program? It would seem to me that it should load at least to the create partition part of the install. I will fiddle with this more tonight maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom