Windows 2000 Advanced Server Install Error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh you have win 2000 I thought it was 2003, have 2000 adv server also, disregard the shutdown message I posted

the data on the cd itself is fine
it seems one file..the ntdll.dll file is the one thats corrupt or missing and prevents it from booting up properly

this is in the setup stage
and i copied the i386 folder of the cd to my hd like i usually do with my other installs pre Win2k

not really haha :(

and now I cant even see the hd from a dos prompt
*sigh*
but from win2k pro its drive g: and i can see teh files on there
ohhhhh boy
todays gonna be a long day

ok so i fdisk'd the removable and I TRIED to format it but when I switch over to the C: drive(the drive letter according to fdisk) and try to format it, it says format not supported lol

does that matter ?

just take it out of the caddy and connect as a primary. There are 2 parts of the win set up , text base and the GUI based. The first part loads all the drivers , right ? they go to ram, then you get to the part where windows will find partions or whatever, you can format the hd here.....so it does not matter when you start what state the HD IS IN....RIGHT ? Then after the format it writes to the HD.

right !!!

take your primary, win 2000 prof HD out, diconnect, take the HD OUT of the removable and connect that in it's place of the win 2000 prof. ..with no other HDs , maybe nothing but a cdrom diive and the HD from the caddy / removable ( the hd is out of the removable unit and, by itself is attached to the ide cable and is primary drive) then try and install win 2000 adv server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom