quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct , i said 5.9, which meant catalyst 5.9 driver
and ofcourse thats for an ati card

the psu is just to attract your attention, it has nothing to do with the question

Timmy gets a job in tech support, and gets a call from a woman who seems to be having HD issues. Timmy decides to run Chkdsk on the drive, so he asks her to reboot with the Windows CD in, and then go into the recovery console.

Once in, he tells her to type in "chkdsk" and she says that it gives her a prompt that says "Please type in the location of autochk.exe, including the path and drive letter." He tells her to type in "c:\windows\system32\autochk.exe"- she does so, but it doesn't work. Timmy tells her to boot into windows and go to add/remove programs because he suspects that she has an earlier version of windows, but what comes up is not the listbox dialog, but the expanded version of add/remove programs with the specs like frequency of use, size of install, etc.

What is the path for Autochk.exe? (Assuming the hard drive is C)

Dan

it's C:\Windows\System32\autochk.exe on mine
or you can go to C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ if she has installed a service pack
*edit*
if autochk.exe is missing for some reason, you can still get it from the XP CD in [cdrom]:\i386\autochk.exe

apokalipse said:
it's C:\Windows\System32\autochk.exe on mine
or you can go to C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ if she has installed a service pack
*edit*
if autochk.exe is missing for some reason, you can still get it from the XP CD in [cdrom]:\i386\autochk.exe

Not the answer I was looking for. To clarify, the question is: "With the information he has collected, Timmy now knows what the path of autochk.exe is. What path does he give the woman?"

Dan

Oh, and we're also assuming that windows was installed with the default directory. It's not c:\KrGn993f\system32\autochk.exe or anything like that. :)

Dan

PS For an extra challenge, explain how Timmy could have known the answer to this problem without booting back into windows.

C:\Windows\System\autochk.exe

if i remember right, that's windows 98

something about system rather than system32?

Juice Daddy said:
C:\Windows\System\autochk.exe

if i remember right, that's windows 98

something about system rather than system32?

Nope. Win98 had the listbox dialog style add/remove programs.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom