build or buy barebones pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepass

Beta member
Hello! I've finished my research and am ready to buy. I'm looking to put together and Upper Office PC with an AMD X2 processor.

The advice on this group is great, but I'm still a bit intimidated to really build from scratch. For me a barebones system seems very appealing to me because it comes with compatible parts and seems to be not much more expensive than buying everything seperately.

To me the most appealing deal/quality combo that I've been able to find is a custom configured Systemax PC at tigerdirect.com. I can get an AMD X2 3.8Ghz system that meets all my requirements for about $800.

I've never done this before, so I wanted to ask. Any advice on wether or not that's a good idea?

Thanks for reading,
Dave

Nothing beats a freshly built computer loading for the first time.... I still stare at my computer and go did I really build this?

if you know that the 'cutom building' computer market exists, then it is time to do some research and build it yourself. :) There's really nowhere else to go. I will never, ever again buy a branded PC unless it actually does get too complicated for the hobbiest.

Ryan

I definately suggest a freshly built PC unless you see some parts that are good deals because the parts in bare cost less than if bought seperately. But that usually isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom