Socket 939 Opterons

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
theres a cabne week 40 you can buy off of ebay for 199 dollars there are only 2 in stock and its going to be off in 6 days :D if i can sell my processor fast enough i might get one AHH!!

Wait I can't find these!

Chill out dude. Its not like they're suddenly going to drop off and go down to 2.5GHz overclocks...

And I'm not in a position to buy anything right now, seeing as I don't have a credit card. And I just build this PC, so my parents aern't going to buy anything else either (except another gig of RAM that they've already promised).

P.P. Mguire said:
If thats the case then should i be recomending these to other ppl that can OC like us

Yes, but have a paragraph-long lecture ready for when they say, "But those are server CPUs!"

Lol I probably shouldn't have used that exclamation mark... I am not that worried about it, but 3ghz is my new goal. Hopefully I don't get shafted on the CPU...

On Newegg the picture of the CPU shows CABNE- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103595

I don't know how reliable that is though.

On ebay there is a claim that this one CAYNE stepping cpu will overclock to 3ghz but with lower temps... Probably just some ploy to get more money though.

They are cheaper than regular AMD 64's.

Let's stop threadjacking people! I made a thread for Opterons in the OC'ing forum specifically to talk about the Opterons.

I'm angry right now because I really want one of those opterons, because my 3700+sd sucks really badly for ocing, hits a brick wall at 2.7GHz. But I run it at 2.75 anyway, I am kind of hoping for it to die, so I will have an excuse to get a new CPU, because I know the longer I wait, the worse they will become for OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom