Recycle Bin Won't Empty. . .Sorta. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianX10

Baseband Member
Alright, now this is a BRAND clean installation of windows mind you.

This one file that had a very long name wouldnt delete, for some reason after I reinstalled windows (different reason), it deleted normally. Now my Recycle Bin wont COMPLETELY empty:

wtf16pt.jpg

wtf24ji.jpg

Its very odd, I tried putting the cache size to 0%, even disabling the recycle bin, same thing.

(Also on a different note, when I boot my computer it asks which OS to boot from:
----------------------------------
o Windows XP Professional
o Windows XP Professional
----------------------------------
Even though I only have 1 OS installed. Odd) Any Ideas on Either?

try to use safe mode and look in ur recylce bin to see if there in anything in there and try to empty it out.

do you have any idea what files might be in there? if so go 'restore all' and seek them out and delete by bypassing the recylce bin (hold shift and press delete).

with the dual boot what happens if you select the other one?

I tried restoring already, nothing happens. Ill check safe mode, and Im scared to hit the second boot, Ive worked for about 2 - 3 weeks to get my computer to this point (HDD Failure, MoboFailiure, Power Supply Failiure) But Ill try it. . .sometime.

is it still full after you reboot your pc ?? maybe try rebooting and before you open any other programs empty the recycle bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom