i need a x850xt bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i have a ati agp x850pro with the r481 agp core its not the pci express converter core,and i am possitive you can flash the r481 which is the agp chip becasue i have seen it done the problem is that i cant find a good bios that is non pe which my clocks will only reach 537mhz core 1.176ghz on the memory!! yes i know so close i wish i could flash it the xt pe trust me lol. but its not gonna happen so where can i get the x850xt agp non pe bios? thanks

NEVERMIND!!!!

I found a bios and a modified flashrom which let me unlock my 850 pro to an x850xt!!!

Scoring 6400+ in 3dmark05!!!!

If anybody else has the x850pro AGP and would like to do this let me know and I will tell you how to do it. I can't belive it worked.

Here is the <a href=http://www.overclock.net/faqs/44936-how-flash-your-x850pro-xt-pe.html>link</a> which has a modified x850pro bios with 16p.

My version of the mod only works on the 850pro agp and uses a special BIOS which keeps the card an 850 pro but activates the 16 pipes. Even worked with my stock cooling with no problems.

I was able to oc the core to 534, and memory to 1.17.

However, I found that by lowering the timings on the memory by significant margins in ATITool, and lowering it to 1.12, it performed much better than the higher clocks did.

Timings down to 7-6-5-10-24-5-6 from 7-7-5-14-27-5-6

Those are the old and new timings.

Let me know what you think, and spread the good word!!!

Most of the forums for this type of mod are all for the x800pro VIVO and only include the BIOS for those card leaving the x850 pro owners in the dark.

OH YEA (P.P. MGURE) EVEN THE X850XT DOESNT SAY X850 XT THEY ALL JUST SAY X850 SERIES SAME AS X800 SERIES ALSO, SO WHAT IM SAYING IS AFTER A ATI CARDS BIOS IS FLASHED ITS LOST FOREVER. SO I MEAN IF I SOLD THIS CARD AS X850XT THEY WOULD NEVER KNOW IT WAS A X850 PRO. NO OVERCLOCKING PROGRAMS OR ANYTHING IDENTIFIES IT EXACTLY ONLY BY SERIES SO THIS CARD IS NOW OFFICIALLY A X850XT THANKS. AS I MEAN ALL MY OVERCLOCKING UTILITIES JUST SAY THAT MY CARD IS X850SERIES AND AS IT DID THE SAME BEFORE IT WAS FLASHED JUST NOW 16 PIPES ARE ACTIVE AND IM GETTING OVER 8500 PIXELS PER SECOND, (SO ILL JUST PEEL THE STICKER OFF THE BACK.... HAHAHA NO X850 PRO HERE GUYS... SHHHHHH... HEHEHE

you can stop talking in all caps now, its not that hard to flash the bios lol but anyways nice job :D

yea well its not that its hard to flash the bios its just the chance of them unlocking and running stable with no artifacts,so i guess i just got a perfect flasher

Well obviously i have a 6800GT and all Nvidia cards are specificaly identified as to what they are. I only own 2 ATI cards and they also say that they are specificaly 9600XT and ATI AIW 7200. My friends ATI X850pro says X850pro in the bios flash.

P.P. Mguire said:
Seems cool, but wouldnt you want it to say x850XT as well?
Are you being sarcastic? Because if you arnt, then... :confused: Yeah I also hear a lot of people get the saphire X800GTO2s and flash them with the x850xtpe bios which unlocks the extra pipes and upps the clocks to 540/1180. pretty good for about $180. My 6800gt barely pushes 5000 in 3dmark05 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom