Buying a LCD Help me Pick! B4 TONITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
The screen size of choice is going to be 19" and I would like something around 12m's I have a budget of 275. So I was looking on a newegg they have some widescreens and some Acer's I don't know Jack bout brands or anything like that. all I know is that I have 275$ and need to figure out something before the end of today so I can order it. Thanks guys.

Cheap? Buy Acer AL1916B 19".

It's black, it's 12ms, and it's not that bad for a price that I see of $330 canadian dollars at wholesalers.

Try to find that model in your local area.

Also, make sure to read Acer's Pixel Policy

"Acer has a formula and breaks up the screen into sections and defines which area's carry more weight in terms of importance -- if there's more than one dead pixel in the center Acer will replace a laptop, but if the pixels are elsewhere then you can suffer from up to 4 dead pixels per million on the screen."

Exactly, I agree but you know what. I'm starting to hear about these "DEAD PIXEL" things. I know what it is. Are LCDS very likely to have them? Becuase if I spend some 250$ hell I don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass. So I dunno what to do. I want a 19" LCD to work perfect when I get it. Think the one I have above is ok for that?

:) I showed him that monitor.

Dead pixels are fairly common on ALL LCDs no matter what the brand, but ACER generally has fewer. My Acer AL1714 17" is 0 dead pixels (I tested).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom