Case Change to Thermaltake Tsunami/Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a fully 'Samsung' computer, which i bought from samsung directly lol.

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz with Hyper Threading Technology
1 gig of Samsung PC3200 DDR SDRAM (4x256mb)
Leadtek Geforce fx5200
Really slim (9.8CM wide!) Samsung Media Centre edition case
O/S: Windows XP Professional SP2
Samsung 7200rpm 160gb Harddrive
Liteon 52x CD R/RW DVD R Drive
LG 48x DVD R/RW CD R/RW Drive
Springdale AGP 8X Motherboard, Springdale-G i865G Motherboard chipset.

That was the specs just in case, i dont know if it has anything to do with what im asking but...I was wondering if it would be able to be transferred into a Thermaltake case such as tsunami or armor? I heard "pre-made" computers such as dells have a unique, "un-standard" plug or something, and cannot be moved without replacing a few things here and there, would it be the same for my Samsung computer?, keeping in mind Samsung makes hardware that fits in any computer, such as hardrives, rams, motherboards...so I hope it wouldnt make 'unique' components that only fit on their computers in my case...

Opinions anyone? Anyone know how to check for sure if i can transfer cases?

Look up your mobo. Get the name of it, and Google.

The manufacturer of your mobo will tell you what its form factor is, or if it is a non-standard one. An ATX or microATX will fit fine.

if a computer technician guy checks the back of your computer, and counts/analyses the number of plug thingies at the back, and says, 'yep, u can change cases', do u think hes on the right track?
(i dunno wot motherboard i have, got my comp prebuilt and EVEREST home edition says
Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0018-000002-00101111-102104-SPDALE_G$SINBA018_BIOS DATE: 10/21/04 13:56:39 VER: 08.00.08
Motherboard Name Unknown

^^ why does that matter?

You could always buy the case, and if it doesn't fit, get a drill out. This is what you have to do for Dells, but Samsung may be kind.

Trifid said:
^^ why does that matter?

You could always buy the case, and if it doesn't fit, get a drill out. This is what you have to do for Dells, but Samsung may be kind.

How doesn't the PSU matter, if its a mircro ATX hed want to know, and if its a gerneric POS or TT power supply he may have problems later or questions about it when he wants to Upgrade or what not.

Its a bigger case though, and as I said there is always the drilling option if the screws don't line up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom