VGA Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

remexx

Baseband Member
Pretty sure it's overheating in the computer...Can't for the life of me understand why, this is the first time it has happened. When I take the side cover off it will not freeze or restart when playing games. So I was thinking about buying a new cooler for it. I have a Gigabyte 6600GT, what is the best cooler that I can purchase for it. I was looking at the new fatil1ty one, made by zalman? I think. I'm willing to spend about 50 dollars on it. I don't think its a powersupply problem, because that would just shut the computer down, and make a beep. When it freezes or restarts I don't recieve a beep.

Buy a $15 digital thermometer from your local hardware store and find out what is over heating. Pickup one of the digital ones that have the sensor on a wire that you can put anywhere.

Test your CPU, Chipset, Video Card and Ambient temp.

A 6600gt should have a temperature monitor on it. right click it, click on your monitor, then go to the temperature tab. and see what temperature it goes to. If you search you will find a program that will tell you the peak temperature in games.

yeah people keep telling me I can find them under the advanced tab, but I can't find anything. I don't think they were ever turned on. Someone else gave me the direction to flash the bios to turn them on but I don't want to go through all the trouble.

word?

Word - slang expression - "Word" is an expression used to agree with a statement that someone has made, or when used as "Word?" to question a statement that someone has made. ALT SPELLINGS: werd SYN: tru, tru dat USAGE: Man #1: "That girl over there has some serious ass, Man #2: "WERD!"

I'd buy it too. That's all I'm saying. I thought I'd not be exactly like shawn and just quote someone as his post.

Ryan

Trifid said:
A 6600gt should have a temperature monitor on it. right click it, click on your monitor, then go to the temperature tab. and see what temperature it goes to. If you search you will find a program that will tell you the peak temperature in games.

or u could just download RIVATUNER...thats wat i use :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom