reboot key for windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynny

Solid State Member
Hi can anyone help my mate has just got broadband upgrade from dial-up to the internet on her computer from tesco. Her computer is a packard bell, and for the first couple of days it was ok, then saturday morning she tried to log on and nothing happened. She's been in touch with the tesco helpline and all their efforts have failed to reboot the system. Last night when we tried to sort things out we managed to get the thing working only to find that she has been linked to something called planetis which the french site for packard bell. She can't download any of her sites or any sites at all for that matter. Tesco haven't got a clue! The guy i dealt with last night was of no help. Does she have to wipe everything and start again or is there some kind of rebbot disc or key she can use to sort this problem out. Need help as soon as possible on this. thanks lynnyxxx

What will Tesco do next??? I've not heard good things about Tesco broadband, I maybe an option changing. It sounds if her connection settings have changed from Tesco to Planetis. I couldn't find any connection settings for broadband user at Tesco.net, and the Planetis website is in French (even Google's translation didn't help much). If she has the CD, use that to install again. It should put the settings back to what they should be.

Tesco haven't got a clue! The guy i dealt with last night was of no help.
Doesn't suprise me, ISP help is useless in my experience.

Does she have to wipe everything and start again or is there some kind of rebbot disc or key she can use to sort this problem out.
No don't wipe everything. It maybe a new computer but I'd say it bad practice to format a hard drive, and reinstall Windows (or use the restore disc) to fix some problems.

That's the problem she doesn't have the reinstall disc as the computer was given to her by someone else last year we had to get the reboot keys to sort out the comp when her system froze now we can't find them. We used the restore disc she had to send away for last year but that's when she got planetis. What now i'm stick and she's really hissed off!xx

No. What I mean is the CD you get of your ISP to set your internet connection up, in this case Tesco. It will correct your connection settings, and change them from planetis to Tesco. When you used the restore disc it will have put the computer to orginal factory settings. Planetis was probably on that CD so when you used it, it set your connection to Planetis and maybe put some other plantis software on. Thats why I didn't think it wise to use the restore disc. There maybe planetis software that is effecting the computer as well. I'd suggest getting Hijack This to help sort/diagnosis some of the other problems. But first try the ISP disc. If you still have a problem post back and someone my help with Hijack This and sorting the problem. I suspect that you may have to remove/change some, possibly Plantis, software that is possibly effecting the computer. It will be some 'junk' that computer companies put on their computers.

25 digit product key for microsoft word 2000

Can anyone help me find the 25 digit product key for microsoft word 2000. I have had to reboot computer and the product key is missing. The computer was given to me and i didn't get the master disc that comes with the computer and product key is on that disc. thanks lynnyxxx

Got it thanks v much am gonna try it and if it don't work i'll be back (that's not a threat that's a promise!) lynnyxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom