Maybe that was the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
First off, as some of you may know, about 4-5 months ago my computer broke, and nobody could figure out how to fix it. So 4-5 months later ( yesterday) my dad took it to a comp guy because he needed it for his office, because I am getting a new comp anyways. Turns out the I blew out the hard drive, and I'm blaming battlefield 2, because it was the last thing that I was running/installing before the computer crashed and burned. So anyways, he's replacing it with a 120 gig seagate, which is a lot better quality then WD, so anyways, just thought I'd let you all know.

p0werslave said:
First off, as some of you may know, about 4-5 months ago my computer broke, and nobody could figure out how to fix it. So 4-5 months later ( yesterday) my dad took it to a comp guy because he needed it for his office, because I am getting a new comp anyways. Turns out the I blew out the hard drive, and I'm blaming battlefield 2, because it was the last thing that I was running/installing before the computer crashed and burned. So anyways, he's replacing it with a 120 gig seagate, which is a lot better quality then WD, so anyways, just thought I'd let you all know.

hard drives just die.. either old age, stress, shock (physical and static) heat not really possible for software to damage them Unless they are forced low level to Over spin the heads)

and yes WD's are Pieces of shi.....

who here is saying WD is crap? They're awesome drives. Seriously, it's up there with Seagate. They both beat Maxtor. Wow, I want to know how you can move to think that WD are no good...

Ryan

Wait, are you telling me noone here or even you couldn't figure out that the Harddrive just died and the rest of the computer was fine? Where are your guys trouble shooting skills?

Your first clue shoulda been that it got through POST but wouldn't load an OS. IM sorry I wasn't here to figure it out. a craped HD would not cause a whole computer not to start.

Ste said:
Wait, are you telling me noone here or even you couldn't figure out that the Harddrive just died and the rest of the computer was fine? Where are your guys trouble shooting skills?

Your first clue shoulda been that it got through POST but wouldn't load an OS. IM sorry I wasn't here to figure it out. a craped HD would not cause a whole computer not to start.

I told them what happened when I booted up the computer, and everyone just said take out the cmos batttery, which never worked, and none of them said my hard drive blew out..

BTW I never said WD are crap, it served me well for 5 years.

dnoch said:
It was probably due to a cheap PSU

It was a gateway, so I could imagine the PSU being cheap. When my dad took it to the computer guy, he said there was absoloutly nothing wrong with the PSU, just the hard drive.

I would still replace PSU, Lol, it TT don't get me started. and wow im stuned at the help you got the first time you asked for it. just wow.

Ste said:
I would still replace PSU, Lol, it TT don't get me started. and wow im stuned at the help you got the first time you asked for it. just wow.

Doesn't matter anymore though. I don't have any reason to replace the PSU because I'm not going to be using that computer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom