Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
You dont seem to understand. Because of the activation it caused the BSOD. Vista tries to automatically activate upon finish of install. Even if you tell it not to do so it will try to activate after the "Grace" period of 14 days automatically. So yes you were able to use Vista one day then it tried to auto activate and say that it was a blacklisted serial and shut you down. I have seen it happen with Vista (as it happened to me before i got my new serial). I know we have been back and forth with this but just listen to what i am trying to say. IT could be, not saying that it is, that when it tried to auto activate it caused your crash which you are dealing with now. You are still able to run XP correct? Therefor i dont thing it has to do with the NTFS error since XP would have crashed also. I think that M$ caused the NTFS crash on the system by deactivating Vista which in case would cause the NTFS file system error and that would lead to your BSOD before you get to the desktop.

so true. they use do that with xp. but that became a bis mess as they had accidently lock up a lot of legit keys and temporary shut down a lot of businesses. it was august 2002, 2003 when they did it. they blamed it a virus so they would escape liability

Makaveli213 said:
Well MSDN subscribers have more advantages than i am aware of then. But when you pay that much money for it you better be able to get them. But the other OS's are out of circulation so those dont really matter. XP and 2000 are the only OS's M$ has in circulation right now. ME, 98, and 95 are all out of circulation and no longer supported so those i dont count. Either way this should still apply with the OS's that require activation. 95 and 98 didnt have it as far as i remember.
I have windows 95 and 98 serial keys windows 95 was the first to implement the serial key system.

You also get the full blown server operating systems as well.

Yes Tyler Windows 95 was the first to implment the serial. It was a 10 digit serial. I know this, I was saying that the first OS to need ACTIVATION not a serial. AMD Answered that question when he pointed out that XP was the first M$ OS that needed activation.

Makaveli213 said:
Yes Tyler Windows 95 was the first to implment the serial. It was a 10 digit serial. I know this, I was saying that the first OS to need ACTIVATION not a serial. AMD Answered that question when he pointed out that XP was the first M$ OS that needed activation.

Thanks for confirming this for me

newsletter it does have security and I'm willing to say that it's the most secure Windows OS out there even in it's Beta form. You can't judge it's security by looking at the pictures.

But I agree good eye candy like you said and good security make an uber OS. You also get some of the greatest performance on this OS. The server version is already outperforming Server 2003 on the same hardware while the ultra version does require alittle more than XP now but perhaps that will change who knows.

Yeppp has anyone got any Vista Beta 1 keys they can pm me or email me on [email/Your not having my email now [/email]

Security updates for Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 and Internet Explorer in Windows Vista Beta 1 are now available from the Windows Vista/IE 7 beta downloads page on the Connect site. Direct links to these updates are also provided below. These security updates resolve a vulnerability in IE 7 Beta 1 and IE in Windows Vista Beta 1 that has already been addressed for released/supported versions of Internet Explorer by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-052.

These security updates apply only to the official Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 and Windows Vista Beta 1 builds (build version 5112 for each). You do not need to install this update if you have already installed one of the more recent Windows Vista builds that are available from the Windows Vista/IE 7 beta downloads page on the Connect site (the latest is build 5231). More specific details on the issue and fix, as well as detailed installation instructions, can be found in the release notes that are included in the downloads for these security updates.

Note: Both updates requre you to be an official tester with access to connect.microsoft.com.
Vista
Here
IE 7
Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom