stop: 0x000000F4

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_begin

Solid State Member
Hi...I'm in need of help.

the problem(s) are like this:

I have a toshiba laptop M10 type. bcause i heard that my cousin use his toshiba (with a different type) without battery and only use the AC adapter cable, so i try the same. after i use it for about 12 hours with around 10 minutes off, the comp hang up and the bluescreen came up with the stop code 0x000000F4.

i turn the comp off, and restart again. after i log on try to edit a document, or use another program, again the comp hang up and the blue screen appeared. i tried to scan with norton, again the program not responding and blue screen.

i've also tried safe mode, it still crashed. I've run scandisk, it only reached 2 stages out of 5, and blue screen again although with a different code c0000021A.

I'm just an amateur with this stuff. so if u're willing to help, would u please explain it very very clear. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks...

There is a lot that can cause that

check your event log for errors

start / settings ( might just go to control panel ) / control panel
admin tools / event viewer look at the system log

all so DL this program. When you run the program it will create a bootable floppy diskette, they also have an image file you can burn to a cd if no floppy. leave the floppy in the floppy drive set you bios to boot from the floppy / leave in the cd drive and set your bios to boot from the cd

http://www.memtest86.com/

to go to bios ^^^^^^ when your notebook boots you should see press F1 / F2 / DELETE to enter setup

have you tried putting the battery back in ?

yes, i have. but it still crash. thanks for the suggestion. i'm gonna try your suggestion. what should i do after that than?

Well that application is a memory testing application. It will test your memoey (RAM) and tell you if you have any bad areas and if you do then it will tell you how many vad ones you have. That stop error f4 is commonly related to memory problems. That is why he sugested you run that application.

hi...seems the problem;s getting worst. now, i can't even run the memtest when i log on to windows. and just a while ago, i can't even log on to windows.
what to do now??? sorry to whine... maybe i just get this comp to the service...
and one more thing, this a stupid quest i think. how to get to bios? just after i turn on the comp? or just before the user log on screen?

ITs right after you tunr the PC and before the Boot Screen. You shoule see something right away saying press Del to enter setup. Or it might be F2. It dependson the BIOS for what button you press.

i think i've done all i can. i've press del/f1/f2 to go to bios, but the the bios didnt show up. my OS is xp sp2.

thanks 4 all your help. i think i really going to take it to the service. i've got assignments to do, to finish this mess on my own. cause i think i made it worst. hope someone'll be more successful than me.

well, one more quest, if i reformat the hardisk, reinstall windows, will the problems dissapear?

thanks again

Well if the problems are RAM related or hard drive related they will go away but only for a short period of time. They will come back if it is one of those 2 problems.

i've got a good news. finally able to run memtest and it's still running. been around 38 minutes. seems it'll take along time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom