Returned the BFG...ordered an eVGA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interface transitions are nothing new mate...you're A+ so you should know that already...slicing off AGP really only serves to benefit everyone because they now no longer have to engineer two different chipsets and they no longer need to bridge cards

I am going to say this until it gets through to everyone...SLI is what you make of it...if you support it, they're going to keep pushing it...if you simply ignore it and stop buying into it they're not going to force it as hard and will most likely rethink their roadmaps...basically, if you don't like SLI don't buy a second card and don't even bother buying an SLI chipset

Money talks

gaara said:
Interface transitions are nothing new mate...you're A+ so you should know that already...slicing off AGP really only serves to benefit everyone because they now no longer have to engineer two different chipsets and they no longer new to bridge cards

I am going to say this until it gets through to everyone...SLI is what you make of it...if you support it, they're going to keep pushing it...if you simply ignore it and stop buying into it they're not going to force it as hard and will most likely rethink their roadmaps...basically, if you don't like SLI don't buy a second card and don't even bother buying an SLI chipset

Money talks

Very very good point there gaara. Money does talk.

like I've been saying.......SLI isn't the future....it failed once, it'll fail again...history repeats itself....it's a nice little novelty for now, but it's not 'the future whether you like it or not'

Dual GPUs....perhaps....once PPUs come into play especially, those will take a load off GPUs having to do a ton of calculations as well as your CPU...this alone would make a 6800GT work even better if you assumed PPUs were available and games took advantage of it.

PPU's I think will be very popular and very successful. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that game devs. will certainly take advantage of the Ageia SDK.

I like where nubius was going with his comments on the PPU aiding the CPU. It will also take a load of the GPU, hopefully allowing a videocard to flex it's muscles a little more with rendering. I don't think we've seen anything yet in the arena of game physics. Silly rag-doll physics i beleive will get a serious makeover.

I'm not a "bigfan" of the rag-doll physics that are currently in a lot of games right now. Although they have gotten a lot better... I don't think they are there yet.

One of the biggest facters in real-world physics is, "Gravity". I believe once they can develop a feel for gravity in games, the physics will increase 10 fold.

I know... you're all saying, "Gravity"? what the hell is this guy talking about?

Take BF2 for example:

Watch another player jump. The jumps seem to be so unreal. The characters jump pretty high on each attempt. Not only that but after jumping horizontally the characters legs stay completely straight, as well as the rest of their bodys. They looking like grasshoppers or something. IMO every jump should be different. Legs and arms should continue to move erratically. Also, they need to give jumping a meter also, just like sprinting. If you get tired when you sprint, don't you think that continual jumping would make you exhausted? I've never seen a real soldier jump while trying to evade gunfire. This is one thing about FPS games that I can't stand. Real combat you use 3 positions. (PRONE, CROUCH and STAND) no jump. I think i've kinda got off track here, but the basic message here is they need to address gravitation pull more. For earth based games anyway... lol

'bunny hopping' will always be a part of gaming as long as they don't completely remove the jump feature from games....a decent idea might be to do like in the zelda games, where you can't manually jump, but rather when you come to gaps or things like that, the game 'jumps for you' meaning your character automatically does it.

this would get rid of the bunny hoppers in gaming.

As far as improving ragdoll...good luck...it's pretty hard to effectively get down a human being dying from various methods.

I don't think they'll be doing motion capture of someone getting shot anytime soon :p

Ragdoll is definitely an improvement over 2-3 years ago when it was all about death animations...they get shot UGGGGHHHHH ARRRRRRGGGHHHH TELL MOM I LOVE HER.....::dead:: and crap like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom