What is HT supposed to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
not always. Windows is not very intelligent, so it often puts most if not all of the load on one CPU. usually the programs that run have to be programmed to take advantage of a second CPU/core

i just saw it.....maybe late news.l.........but all the same........apparently windows xp x64 supports dual cores
Multiprocessing and multicore

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
is that any better?

Windows XP pro supports dual core CPU's. But, I have no idea how well it is. Probally like what was said before, and crap at organising them.

But Windows XP 64 doesn't support Intel Hyperthreading processors does it? Because they are only 32 bit?

so if the processor is not a 64 bit........the x64 will not run?
has intel come out with one.....i believe amd is coming out with one...k8 or some such thing

Windows x64 won't run on 32 but CPU, while regular, 32 bit XP runs on both 32 and 64 bit CPUs but than you can't benefit from 64 bit extensions if you CPU supports them.

AMD have lots of 64 bit CPUs which are very popular these days, Intel also have 64 bit CPUs, the technology called EM64T, so every Intel CPU which have EM64T support is actually 64 bit. However, somehow Intel's 64 bit CPUs are much less popular, I barely heard of people ho has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom