Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500 HD upgrade/ SW installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsuh

Beta member
I just bought a Fujitsu LT C-500 TABLET PC and I am trying to upgrade the HD to 60GB and upgrade the SW from WIN 2000 to WIN XP. However there is no way that I can upload the operating system since the BIO only search for Floppy Drive and HD. (I did not purchase the Floppy Drive).

Is there any economical way of installing the Operating System?

Once the Operating system is running on the computer, I maybe able to use USB port to connect to external HD and upload the SW....

I am trying to pull out the 2.5" HD, buy USB adaptor to connect to my desktop, format the HD, and copy the WIN XP installation sw to it, and install back on the TABLET PC. Would this load the Window XP installation drive?

If you want to go from Windows 2000 to Windows XP you can perform a complete installation by loading the Windows XP installation while in 'Administrator' mode in Windows 2000.

This will allow you to do a fresh install or perform an upgrade of the existing Windows 2000 installation to Windows XP.

If you do not have a CDROM in your tablet PC, and a USB 2.0 or Firewire drive fails to work properly, your best case would be to buy a laptop-to-IDE connector and install Windows XP onto the drive while it's running on your desktop computer.

After the installation, you would have to change the 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' from Intel/SiS/Whatever to 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' so that it will not blue screen as soon as you plug it back into the tablet.

Also, note that Tablet PC's have a specific version of Windows XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/default.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom