Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar computer (the motherboard is stufed, but that is a different story) and I installed win XP on it. It works very efeciantly.

You can run it which is common sense but it will lag expecially when you run mulitple apps. Try burning a dvd and then doing something else and see if you dont see a lag. Ask other people on here, they will tell you the same

As I said above:
I have a p3 550Mhz processor with 256Mb ram. I put win XP on it and runs much faster than when it had 98.
Look, It is not a p4, and when you are running 2 high resource using programs, it does lag, but otherwise, it is fine.

anyway MS recommends pent 2 333 mhz or beter for xp
I have seen this it is not good. I say pent 3 500 on up and starting at 128 meg , depending on how many programs they have starting up when xp boots or spred sheets / number crunching or what ever ...no you will not be able to play many games....but for surfing the net / checking email / doing banking
it's not bad

dnoch said:
Why do you wan't win 98? It is unsecure, runs off DOS, crashes easily, and is totally outdated software!

Like your computer.LOL j/k. Yeah hes right. My dad used it till a year ago when his whole machine got wiped out. He does a tv on satelite so when that happened and he lost a bunch of shows and was behind on shows, he started listening to me and i built him a new system.:p . Even if the pc is old ive ran windows xp pro no problem on a pc with 384mb ram p2 8mb gpu. Just do yourself a favor and go with xp, save you ALOT of trouble in the long and short run.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom