Rate this pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Franklin

In Runtime
Please help me rate this, my budget would be around $1500 and this setup is pretty good for that price i think.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N527-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model Thermaltake Silent Purepower W0014RU ATX 480W Power TWINX2048-3200 - Retail

Supply - Retail

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - Retail ]

Western Digital Essential WDXE3200JBN 320GB 7200 RPM Network - Hard Drives - Retail

Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Also I plan to OC the 3800 to around 2.6 ghz, also the 7800 gtx and maybe the ram. Would I need a higher PSU or a better mobo for OC?

7/10

i would go for a DFI SLI mobo or MSI

the corsair XMS series ram isnt that good really, i would go for some OCZ ones. the psu aint that good either, i woudl go with antec truepower 550W power supply. the video card and case is very nice :D

Thats a very nice setup. Although you probably will want a better powersupply and also are you getting a different heatsink or are you just staying with the stock one? Because you willn't overclock that high on stock cooling

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking either of these 2 becuase they are both amd dual core compatible and they are both sli.

GIGABYTE GA-K8N Pro-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

ABIT AN8 SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Which would be better for OCing?

actually, even the X2's overclock really well on stock cooling. it should get at least 2.6GHZ.
but aftermarket cooling will get you better overclocks also

although if you do want to overclock, definately do NOIT get the corsair RAM. that will restrict your HTT.
G.Skill with Samsung TCCD's is the best overclocking RAM, OCZ are really good but not as epensive as G.Skill.

and for overclocking, definately a DFI NF4 series motherboard. they're built for overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom