Windows 2000 wont shutdown?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslim

Solid State Member
When you tell the pc to shutdown, it just restarts? Any ideas? Ive heard about problems with logitec mice but its just got a standard microsoft mouse...
Anyone know what this is about?

I'm not too sure about Win 2000, but you may want to try this and see if it helps. Right click on My Computer and select Properties, then select the Advanced tab. The go to Startup and Recovery/Settings, and uncheck System failure/Automatically Restart...then click OK.

That is an XP explanation, hope it is the same for 2000.

Also I know it sounds silly, but I encounter this all the time at work. When you shut down be sure the drop down menu says SHUTDOWN and not RESTART. I have users wandering for hours why there PC keeps rebooting..lol.

Win2kpatcher said:
Also I know it sounds silly, but I encounter this all the time at work. When you shut down be sure the drop down menu says SHUTDOWN and not RESTART. I have users wandering for hours why there PC keeps rebooting..lol.

lol! Im not stupid Win2kpatcher :) But thanks anyway.

Thanks for the link vladd, but nothing there seems to solve the problem :( Hmm....

i had a machine at work that did the same. It had a modem in it that win2k didn't like. I found this out by removing pieces from the pc one-by-one.

If that doesn't work, i'd try a repair using the win2k cd

Aslim said:
lol! Im not stupid Win2kpatcher :) But thanks anyway.

Thanks for the link vladd, but nothing there seems to solve the problem :( Hmm....

again I wasnt implying that just leaving no stone unturned sorta speak..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom