Random Restarts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCougar

Beta member
I read the sticky and that didn't really help me, I really want to explain exactly what happens.

Well when I turn my computer off right when it is shut down and all the fans stop, it comes up on my screen "Sleep Mode"

This is what happens...

When I play any game that demands performance from your Video Card after a while it restarts. But what it does is, the screen goes black but the fans keep going the light is still on, on the front of the case, but it says "Sleep Mode" on my screen. If I press the restart button nothing happens, so I have to hold in the power button for 5 secs to turn it off and then turn it back on.

It isn't overheating cause I have a room fan going on the side of it and my Mainboard temp is 37 degrees, Power/Aux temp 36 degrees, Harddisk temp 29 degrees. Nothing is running hot.

I did the PSU calculator and I have like about 30 watts over what it said I needed.

This computer is only new still I got it in July.

I have an ATI Radeon X800.
1gb RAM.
3.2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4.
300w Power supply.
Exhaust fan on CPU, Case fan and a PSU fan.

My brothers computer also does it, when he trys to play BF2 right when he clicks on "Join Game" his will restart. They are completely different computers and when don't run off a network.

We figured it had something to do with either the Video Card failing or somwthing, or the PSU not giving the Video Card enough power to do what it needs to do.

Also the computer has never restart outside of a game.
You can't wake up the computer, none of the keys on the keyboard will wake it up.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thankyou.

i think the video card aint getting enough power cause the X800 series really need at least a bare minimum of 400+W and perferably 500W

I've had this same problem happen to me, and I have a 400W PSU. I have a bunch of other random things wrong with it, too, though.

I also have a weird problem where it won't detect my video card sometimes when I boot. I'm assuming that they're related. It tells me the video card isn't connected to the power supply, even when it is. If i wait about 5 minutes, it usually works after.

Most likely a power supply issue. If your using garbage no name brand PSU's in a peformance gaming computer this happen's

Yeah I really think that this is a PSU problem too. I have a 550w PSU just because I dont want that to risk happening and I know I will be upgrading my graphics card soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom