bios problem or overheating or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberry

Beta member
Hi all...my first post here just wanna share my problem with you and see if someone help me find out what's going on with my system...
i looked at the post about random reboot...not my case i think...ok let me explain
last night i was working on my computer when it suddenly rebooted...got bios checksum error and it was lookin for the floppy drive...i downloaded the bio from abit.com website and loaded on a floppy...computer worked again and loaded win2k normally...it was like it had lost the bios software...except video was messed up had to switch it back to 1024 resolution...was at 640! and norton antivirus autoprotect was off...told me an error occurred and could not be loaded...uninstall and reinstall the product...
i did...but norton antivirus liveupdate wont work...computer reboot again
got a blu screen when loading win2k...error message said: stop and something about the page was allocated on a non paged place or something like that...
i'm using win2k, have a abit IS7-V2 with P4 3.0 prescott - 200GB and 1GB Ram - 256mb GEFORCE fx5500...
system is not overcloked...
maybe it's a over heating problem? or what?
so far this morning is workin fine...except just one random reboot...but that was it...so far is ok now...and norton liveupdate is working now...Bah!?
can you suggest me something?
do i have to use the thermal paste? cause i didn't...
let me know thank you guys!

If you havnt used thermal paste I would do so right now.You may be overheating.But either way you need to put thermal paste on that CPU.If it was a AMD you would have lost your chip by now.After you do that then go from there and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom