more installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
okay when i try ot install windows XP home i get the blue screen and it has an error code "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". what does this message mean? i've tried reformatting and installing it on both HDDs and i get the same screen both times.

~thanks

Take 1 Stick of memory out then try it, if it still happens switch sticks. if it happens with both, use a differen't computer to donwload memtest 86, burn to disc and then boot off of it, run the test on the computer you building with both memory sticks in. Wait like 3-5 hours then see if there are any memory errors. that BSOD usally points to bad memory or overheating problems.

what is your cooling set up?

stock HS/F for the CPU. three fans, two intake one outake. two 120MM fans and one 80MM fan. its the thermaltake tsunami case. and is memtest a ISO image ebacuse i don't have a DVD burner

you don't need a DVD burner, you need a CD burner. ok if you can't do that. try doing what I said with the memory sticks, also try them in differen't slots and make sure they are seated correctly.

okay, i checked my CPU temps in BIOs and its idling around 40C. but i'll go try and taking one stick out and trying it.

Well, refer to your motherboard manually, look in the trouble shooting section.

What kind of beeps?
2 long? 1 long?

The Mobo manual will tell you what the beeps mean.

But its most likly a RAM or Video card or Mobo error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom