quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
does Timmy have built in wireless or a usb wireless or a pcmcia wireless and it is the same format as the router ..ie 802.11g
and the drivers are installed corectly...device manager is clean ?

is the wireless enabled in the bios ? also control panel

did he push the button on the compuetr or keyboard to turn on

jcambece said:
Timmy has just bought a new laptop. Everything is already installed and setup but he can't join his wireless network. He knows the wireless works because his brother is able to get on with his laptop. What does timmy need to do.

Depends on the security settings. A lot of wireless problems are fixed just by upgrading to SP2. He might have to disconnect his other hard-line connection.

Dan

Tractorboy got it, needed to push the button to turn it on.

Had a client with this problem and it drove me nuts trying to walk him throught figuring out what the problem was until I asked him if he turned the wireless on.

guys watch it on the arguing. this thread is for a quiz not for flaming if you want to act like 10 year olds go to some spam forum.

problem: timmy's computer only turns on occasionaly when he presses his power button. he has noticed that if he uses the power on options in his bios and say for instance uses a dialup modem, calls it with his mobile phone it will turn on every time. he suspects the power switch is faulty.

question: without buying a new power switch what is a quick way of checking that the power button circuit works?

heres mine:

frodo bought a 6800GT AGP from gandalf. gandalf told frodo that he should remember to get a power supply that is at least 400W.
frodo got his card and his new 400w power supply, and he went home to start installing the new parts.he carefully slotted his card into the AGP slot of his motherboard, and connect all the cables and plugs in everything.he turned his computer on, then went to download the latest driver for his card. after downloading and installing, he went to play some games. with his 3.8ghz cpu and 2gb ram, surprisingly,he got only 20 fps in fear, 1024 x 768 with no bells nor whistles on.

he went to start > run > dxdiag, and at the display card driver section, it reads " xxxxx 5.9" .

what happended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom