Leaving the sides open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yandaoben

Baseband Member
Hi,

Is it fine to leave the sides of my CPU open? What are the adverse effects of doing so, dust/moisture?

My main reason for leaving it open is to keep the insides of the CPU cool whilst gaming on it.

Thank you.

no you cant keep your sides of your CPU but you can leave the sides off ur case ..but there aint much use taking the one off were the mobo sits ..

I h8 it went people say can i leave my sides of my CPU well it aint CPU its called friggin Case if you dont know nothing about Computers then Friggin learn dude

mobo is the motherboard were you plugg all your friggin Stuff into OMG Dude learn about computer before you come asking for help on COmp Forums

I thought if you openend up the case, the interior of it will get more ventilation, hence cooler?

Running with the side of your case open is fine. You will get cooler temps

The only down side is that your PC is then exposed to much more dust. Aslong on you keep it clean in there you should be fine

my side panel is generally always off, because it's a pain to put it on...dust does collect quite a bit more though, but technically the side panel on is better assuming you've got good fan placement and air flow.

Amd2800 - quit being an arrogant douche. What kind of assanine statement is 'learn about computers before you ask for help'.....that's just retarded....like he said, he obviously is coming here to learn

leave it off and stick like a 500cfm house fan there LOL but seriously nothign about will happen only a lot of dust and what not will get trapped in their and yu might get cooler temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom