Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Short

• Bald

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCZ strives to make some of the best overclocking RAM, especially with the arrival of the DFI nf4 boards.

However, other notable brands are:

Patriot
PQI
Mushkin
G.Skill (why the HELL isn't G.Skill up there)

and yeah those would be my other choices

OCZ. Dont get Corsair value Select because that is the ram they dont test, Not saying its cheap ram but every once in a while they have a problem.

OCZ all they way. My 1GB stick performs flawlessly. Whenever i buy ram in the future, it will be from OCZ.

KCRMYZ said:
OCZ. Dont get Corsair value Select because that is the ram they dont test, Not saying its cheap ram but every once in a while they have a problem.

Lol it is cheap because its made for non-oc'ers. Btw no problems here with corsair vs.

Best brands: G-Skill, Mushkin, OCZ and Corsair (G-Skill imo the best).

What does the 2-2-2 stand for? I've seen higher numbers also... which is better?

The first one is Cas. Than one of the others is RAS to Cas, than something RAS and the last one is cycle time, all in M. seconds.

The lower it is the better.

Geil do have the 1.5-2-2-5 at 400mhz and 2-2-2-5 at 500mhz. And their value is meant to overclock well... (Just so I don't mislead anyone who reads this, if you get the Geil One ram, than you can't put the CAS latency as 1.5, as the memory controller doesn't support it.)

http://www.geilusa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=69

For overclocking, I would look for them in this order: G-skill, Patriot/mushkin and then OCZ.

Value Ram, I have no problems with my Geil value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom