Where can I get really cheap SRAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like, PC133 SDRAM? Or are we talking DDR? I don't normally like to e-bay computer components, but you can get PC133 SDRAM on e-bay for dirt cheap. They're practically giving away the 128mb sticks. You have to start paying for the 256 and up.

DDR memory is still newish, so I would just to go www.newegg.com and buy it new. Just don't buy refurb or used if at all possible.

The reason I recommend ebay on the PC133 though is that the sticks are like $1 a piece plus shipping. You can get a mess of them for like 15 bucks. Some are bound to work.

Ryan

If you're truly talking about SRAM, there aren't too many places around that still carry the stuff. COAST sticks and individual cache chips are no longer carried in general on the internet, as these haven't been used for over ten years.

If you're looking for some SDRAM, eBay is indeed the place. SRAM (Static RAM) was used in early Pentium days on COAST sticks as the form of L2 cache back in the day. SRAM is still used, it's now called L1 and L2 cache and it's only typically used in smaller amounts within processors. SRAM chips were included on the processor's PCB for Pentium II and Pentium III SECC processors.

DO NOT EBAY!
bad idea...if it don't work..usually your screwed...go with newegg or directron or tigerdirect...even pricewatch <---use as ur last resort-- pricewatch sometimes had fake ads...they say like $20 then u go to the manufacturer website and it's $20 after 10 mail in rebate and before the 100 shipping part...so just try newegg, directron, or tigerdirect...also if u need 133 i have some extra...128 stick

Trotter said:
Swipe it out of your neighbor's computer...?

as long as that neighbor is not me...cuz i have gunz n stuff...i think like 4 shottys, 2 pistolas, 3 rifles and 4 hi power scopers...1 *cough cough*i||3g4|*cough cough* ;)

that's because it's really old! We're trying to make sure that you actually need SRAM and not SDRAM, which is 20 times more likely.

Ryan

i have some brand new unused SDRAM...

Module Size: 256MB
Package: 184-pin DIMM
Feature: DDR PC2100
Configuration: 32Meg x 64
DIMM Type: UNBUFFERED
Error Checking: NON-ECC
Speed: DDR266
Voltage: 2.5V
Memory Timings: CL=2.5
Specs: DDR PC2100 • CL=2.5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR266 • 2.5V • 32Meg x 64

if that's what you're looking for i'll ship it to you for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom