Please ,please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillal

Baseband Member
I just finished building a new system for a friend. I am trying to install windows xp on a sata drive and I keep getting this error message. Does anyone know what this means and how can I fix this problem.
setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on a nd properly connected to you computer, and that any disk-related hardware configurations is correct. This may involve running a manufacture-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

Setup cannot continue. to quit setup, press f3.

I have ran the diagnostic disk from hatachi and everything was fine. I am using a pc chips m955g and processor is a celeron D 533fsb 2.4 ghz. 256 pc 3200 ram and a hatachi 80 gig sata hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem. What I did was set everything in the bios to default and rebooted, inserted my xp cd and that was it

hit f6 when you first boot from cd and insert your sata floppy when asked

Does everybody have to load sata drivers? I didnt have to. My board is all sata except for 1 ide.

Warez Monster said:
Does everybody have to load sata drivers? I didnt have to. My board is all sata except for 1 ide.

if you disc isn't partitioned beforehand, you have to with xp. vista recognize sata drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom