new rig please give advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have 2 cards you need 550w.
I would replace the PSU later when you actually get the second card. New standards should save on your electric bill.

At the rate the GPU industry is moving, I would keep with single cards for now. Its rumored that in a week we will see a 7800GTX w/ 512MB memory w/ the following clocks:

Core: 550
Memory: 1800

Which is a huge speed bump in a short amount of time.
I think it will debut for $600 to $700.

hey guys i am going to be ordering this on monday , and i wanted to ask one last qeustion before i do, Do you guys think i will be happy with this rig for a while, or is it better for me to wait for a little bit for a faster, chip, and the 512mb vid card or will this rig last a while and dfinetly dominate my gaming needs,

thanks, eric

i thought the x1800 isnt as good as the 7800 gtx or you think i should get the x1800, lol not trying to turn this into an ati vs nvidia thread either,

thanks, eric

too late u did...rofl....stick with 7800 incase u wanna go sli...crossfire is a ways off...too many probs and i personally think ATI is screwed with it...they had long enough to study it and they still don't have an awesome card to crossfire with...but anyway...u got an sli board...stick with an sli "able" card

alright, and then im going to get the neo he 500 w cause i can get it at work for like 80 bucks, do you guys see any problem with that ps and this system, aside from if i did go sli but i think it will power it anyway, also i heard that the dfi mobo needs a native 24 pin plug ps for it to work properly, anyone that has this mobo can clarify this please i would appreciate it,

thanks, eric

SureShot said:
alright, and then im going to get the neo he 500 w cause i can get it at work for like 80 bucks, do you guys see any problem with that ps and this system, aside from if i did go sli but i think it will power it anyway, also i heard that the dfi mobo needs a native 24 pin plug ps for it to work properly, anyone that has this mobo can clarify this please i would appreciate it,

thanks, eric

Post a link to it and Ill tell ya.

Hey guys just ordered this beast on newegg, and i cant wait to hook it all up, the only thing im wondering now, is iv heard you need to flash the bios, and that you can only put one stick of ram in untill you flash it otherwise it will be glitchy, now ive built plenty of pcs but have never heard anything like this, please fill me in with this mobo if you guys have it or know about it, either links or explanations are appreciated.

thanks, eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom