right click

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode8power

Baseband Member
how do you remove a file from the right click menu? you know when you right click on desktop > New > ???????. how do you remove the ??????. thanks

SUMMARY: Remove right-click menu items from Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 that some third-party software programs add.

When you right-click on a web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, options normally appear such as "Back", "Forward", "View Source", etc. However, depending on software you have installed (sometimes unwittingly), other options may appear when you open this menu. If you are seeing items in the right-click menu that you want to remove, you can try this trick.

(WARNING! This tip involves modifying the Registry. Mistakes can cause Windows or applications to stop functioning normally. Use at your own risk.)

1. From the "Start" menu, select "Run", then type in "Regedit" and press "OK".
2. In the Registry, navigate to the following section: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt.
3. Now, underneath this key you may find folders representing menu items you want to remove. To remove the menu items, just click on the keys and choose "Delete".

For IE and FF

<script language="JavaScript">

<!--

var message="";

///////////////////////////////////

function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}

function clickNS(e) {if

(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {

if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}

if (document.layers)

{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}

else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")

// -->

</script>

No for the OS funtions like desktop menus and all the fun stuff. Disable it entirely. I know it can be done as it is at my school.

I dont think you can just disable it but you can restrict it from being used using gpedit.msc GPO.

Well it's a matter of word choice it's restricted/disabled for our usergroup so perhaps it's a usergroup policy somehwere but is open to the teacher group. Our network is run by Novel Servers.

that information was useful, but didnt answer the question that i wanted. it was nice of you to help, but what i really want done is to remove the ?????? from the desktop rightclicking, not the IE. you know when you go to New > New Folder:New Text Document:New Word etc....... how do i remove for say "New Folder"? thanks you for taking your time to hlep me.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

What do you see there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom