Need help with my os/computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
My 6 year old compaq froze today and uhh lol i had to shut it down via the power button and then when i powered it back on the os didnt boot automatically but showed a message like this: Operating System could not be found on any devices, press any key to continue. Someone please explain what could of happened and how i can get my data back from the hd.

Look at my sig, Xp home. I dont kno if i can get it hooked up to another pc cus i dont have those kinda resources.

Yes that is the exact error message: Operating System could not be found on any devices press any key to continue. This happened to me yesterday to but after another power shut down it worked. LoL Im at my friends house using a laptop now so i cant do nothing much.

I guess you will never do that again. I would, myself, reinstall for safe measures, but you can do a repair and probably be fine but not 100% for sure. Doing a repair to me bugs me because I know what happened and I just repaired it to fix it and it can happen again but if I install fresh, I like that better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom