SLI a waste of $?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say we take a lesson out of AMD64 architecture and combine all microprocessors onto a single die...I'm sure this would in time be possible, have one core, or even more, dedicated GPUs, dedicated CPU cores, dedicated PPU cores...each core has a dedicated amount of cache size that would be large enough to replace memory

Basically just having one chip with possibly hundreds of dedicated cores communicating between each other at literally lightning data transfers speeds(see memory controller for AMD64s) and just have the core connected to external devices like hard drives and such...now THAT would be ridiculously fast

nah we just need to be able to make a human brain work as a CPU....not only would it be the worlds biggest hard drive but if you could program it, it could technically do calculations faster than anything else in the world

oh man don't even get into the human brain, it gets so fugging confusing :p

Apparently one neuron operates at 1KHz and the human brain has about one billion neurons so your brain operates at about 100,000GHz...mind you that doesn't really mean much the number itself it big enough to really make you think

I'm just saying though, if you could use a human brain and 'format it' so no information on it...(not like it matters, it's capacity is ridiculous) you'd have one helluva computer...the processing speed would be more than we can practically fathom, the storage abilities would be insane, to the point where you could never even fill it.

CPU, PPU, GPU, and whatever the hell else you can think of all in one :D

well taking in to account that most technology only lasts a few months without being overtaken by new technology. SLI sounds good for now if you really want to run those games on the highest settings with the best performance.

Face the facts though there is no single video card that is faster than the top SLI videos, as of now........i think.

Nubius said:
..basically what I'm trying to say is you obviously hacked my brain and stole ideas I've been saying for a while myself.

well, there's an old saying, "Great Minds Think Alike."

Which in this case, is obviously true... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom